The wrongful death attorneys at the Martinez Manglardi personal injury law firm won a $6,000,000 settlement for a family in the death of their 8-year-old child from a compounding pharmacy error. The pharmacy failed to properly compound a physician-ordered prescription which resulted in catastrophic brain injury leading to death.
Losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence or carelessness is a devastating experience that can leave you overwhelmed with grief and uncertainty. In such tragic circumstances, it is crucial to seek the guidance and support of experienced wrongful death attorneys who can help you navigate the legal process and fight for justice on behalf of your loved one. The wrongful death attorneys at Martinez Manglardi understand the emotional and financial toll of losing a family member, and they are committed to providing compassionate and effective representation to clients in Orlando and throughout Florida.
Understanding Wrongful Death Cases
In legal terms, a wrongful death occurs when an individual’s life is cut short as a result of another person’s negligence or misconduct. Wrongful death cases fall under the umbrella of personal injury law, with the goal of holding the responsible party accountable for their actions and providing compensation to the surviving family members. These cases can arise from various situations, including car accidents, defective products, medical malpractice, and nursing home abuse or neglect.
When pursuing a wrongful death claim, it is essential to prove four critical elements of negligence:
- Duty: The defendant had a legal duty to act with reasonable care to prevent harm to the deceased.
- Breach of Duty: The defendant failed to fulfill their duty, either through inattention, thoughtlessness, or mistake.
- Causation: The defendant’s breach of duty directly caused the death of the victim.
- Damages: The surviving family members are entitled to compensation for their losses, both financial and emotional.
Types of Compensation in Wrongful Death Claims
In a wrongful death case, survivors may be eligible to receive various types of compensation, depending on the circumstances surrounding the death. Some common forms of damages awarded in wrongful death claims include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for all medical costs incurred as a result of the negligence that led to the wrongful death.
- Loss of Future Income: Compensation for the earnings the deceased would have provided to their family had they survived.
- Property Damage: Recovery for any property damage caused by the incident.
- Loss of Services: Compensation for the loss of future services that the deceased would have provided to their family.
- Loss of Consortium: Damages awarded to a spouse for the loss of companionship, help, and affection from the deceased.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for the emotional pain and suffering endured by the surviving family members.
- Punitive Damages: Additional damages that may be awarded if the responsible party’s actions were particularly egregious or intentional.
The wrongful death attorneys at Martinez Manglardi have a proven track record of success, having recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for their clients.
Seeking Justice and Compensation for Your Loss
Losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence is an unimaginable tragedy. During this difficult time, it is crucial to have compassionate, experienced wrongful death attorneys on your side. The Orlando wrongful death claims attorneys at Martinez Manglardi are dedicated to providing personalized and effective legal representation to help you seek justice and obtain the compensation you deserve.
If you believe you have a wrongful death claim, do not hesitate to contact Martinez Manglardi for a free consultation at 407-846-2240. Their team of skilled attorneys and professionals is ready to guide you through the legal process and fight for your rights.