Car accident head injury compensation is not an uncommon type of personal injury lawsuit for car crash attorneys in Orlando. A car accident head injury can range from a mild concussion to severe traumatic brain injuries, and the effects can be long-lasting and life-changing.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident head injury, you may be entitled to compensation. Compensation for head injuries in car accidents can cover a wide range of expenses, including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. An Orlando car accident attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Car Accident Head Injury Compensation
The most common type of car accident head injury include:
- Concussion: a mild traumatic brain injury caused by a blow to the head or body that causes the brain to shake inside the skull.
- Contusion: a bruise on the brain caused by a blow to the head.
- Penetration injury: a head injury that occurs when an object penetrates the skull and enters the brain.
- Diffuse axonal injury: a severe brain injury caused by the brain moving back and forth rapidly inside the skull, which can cause the tearing of the brain’s nerve fibers.
- Traumatic brain injury: a broad term that encompasses all types of head injuries caused by trauma to the brain.
Medical Expenses for car accident head injuries include:
- Lost wages: If you are unable to work due to your head injury, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: Car accidents can be traumatic, and the pain and suffering caused by a head injury can be significant. You may be entitled to compensation for the physical and emotional toll of your injury.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: If your head injury has impacted your ability to enjoy life, you may be entitled to compensation for this loss.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, you may be entitled to punitive damages if the other driver’s behavior was particularly egregious.
How to Seek Compensation for a Car Accident Head Injury
If you have suffered a head injury in a car accident, the first step is to seek medical attention. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, it is essential to get checked out by a medical professional to ensure that there are no underlying issues. Once you have received medical attention, you should contact a personal injury attorney specializing in car accidents. An experienced attorney will fight for your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Your attorney will gather evidence to support your claim, including medical records, police reports, and witness statements. They will also negotiate with the other driver’s insurance company to ensure that you receive a fair settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, your attorney may recommend taking the case to court. In court, they will present your case to a judge or jury and argue on your behalf.
If you or a loved one has suffered a head injury in a car crash, the automobile accident attorneys at the Martinez Manglardi Orlando personal injury law firm can help you get the settlement you deserve. We provide free consultations in the comfort of your home, at the hospital, or in our offices. Unless we win, there are no fees or costs. Call 866-506-3286 or use our online contact form to reach us at one of our handy Florida locations in Orlando, Kissimmee, Apopka, Ocala, Haines City, or Palm Bay.