Many Floridians rely on their local pharmacy to supply medication essential to their daily survival. Yet pharmacy errors represent a growing threat to public safety, causing dangerous drug interactions and accidental overdoses. One study revealed that medication errors occur in about 1 of every 5 doses given in hospitals. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) notes that at least one death per day can be directly tied to a medication error — and that 1.3 million people are injured annually due to prescription drug mistakes.
The Orlando pharmacy error attorneys at Attorneys Trial Group have been representing the injured in Central Florida since 1988, so we understand the damage caused when a pharmacy makes a mistake with a patient’s prescription. The pharmacy error lawyers at our offices have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlement for our clients in Orange County, Seminole County, Osceola County, and counties throughout Florida – and we’re ready to put our experience to work for you. The cases we’ve successfully resolved include a $6.5 million recovery where a pharmacy filling error caused a medication overdose.
Pharmacy errors can happen as a result of multiple factors, including:
- A medication may be packaged improperly.
- The impact of drug interactions may be overlooked.
- The packaging of one medication may too closely resemble another drug.
- Drug names may sound similar – especially when substituting a generic drug that may have a name that sounds like several other name-brand medications.
- Incorrect dosages may be dispensed or incorrect dosage directions may be typed onto the label.
- High volume pharmacies may be staffed primarily by pharmacy technicians who aren’t able to answer questions about medications – or the volume of work may simply be too much for the staff, leading to mistakes.
No matter the cause, the injuries that result when a patient takes the incorrect medicine or dosage can be extremely serious, even fatal. Some of the most common reactions to wrongly dispensed drugs include:
- Allergic reactions, including anaphylactic shock.
- Organ damage caused by overdose.
- Heart failure and other organ damage caused by drug interaction.
If you or a family member suffered injury from a pharmacy error, you need the support of an experienced medical malpractice firm with the resources to thoroughly investigate your claim and present an effective case on your behalf. At Attorneys Trial Group, our Orlando medical malpractice lawyers are on your side, and we can help you make informed decisions about your pharmacy error claim. Our cases are handled by a team of professionals, including nurses, doctors, engineers and medical malpractice attorneys. Our Orlando pharmacy error offer free consultations in your home, at the hospital or in our offices. There are no fees or costs unless we win. Contact us today at one of our convenient Florida locations in Orlando, Kissimmee, Apopka, Palm Bay or Ocala by calling 1-888-337-3246 or via our online contact form.
We Also Offer Legal Representation For: