Orlando’s theme parks, lively nightlife, and lovely weather make it a world-class vacation destination. Orlando car crashes make it a dangerous place to drive.
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, over 26,000 car crashes occurred in Orange County alone in 2022. These car crashes can have devastating consequences, both physically and financially. In this article, we will explore the common causes of Orlando car crashes, the legal and financial consequences of these crashes, the types of compensation you can receive, and the importance of hiring a personal injury attorney or car accident lawyer.
Common Causes of Orlando Car Crashes
A variety of factors can cause Orlando car crashes. Some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted Driving: A leading cause of car crashes in Orlando. This can include texting while driving, eating or drinking, adjusting the radio or GPS, or even talking to passengers. When a driver is not fully focused on the road, they are more likely to miss important cues and make mistakes that can lead to a crash.
- Impaired Driving: Drunk driving and driving under the influence of drugs is a severe problem in Orlando. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were over 5,000 alcohol-related crashes in Florida in 2020. Impaired driving can cause drivers to make poor decisions, such as speeding or running red lights, leading to crashes.
- Speeding: When drivers exceed the speed limit, they have less time to react to changes in traffic patterns or road conditions. This can cause them to lose control of their vehicle or collide with other cars.
- Weather Conditions: Orlando is known for its sunny weather, but it can also experience heavy rain and thunderstorms. When weather conditions are poor, drivers need to adjust their driving habits accordingly. This can include reducing speed, using windshield wipers and headlights, and increasing the following distance.
The Legal and Financial Consequences of Orlando Car Crashes
Car crashes can have serious legal and financial consequences. If you are involved in a car crash in Orlando, you may be facing:
- Medical Bills: If you are injured in a car crash, you may need medical treatment. This can include emergency room visits, hospital stays, surgeries, and rehabilitation. These expenses can quickly add up, leaving you with significant medical bills.
- Property Damage: If your car is damaged in a crash, you may need to pay for repairs or even replace your vehicle. This can be a significant financial burden, especially if you do not have comprehensive insurance coverage.
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work due to your injuries, you may lose income. This can make it difficult to pay your bills and support yourself and your family.
- Pain and Suffering: Orlando Car crashes can also cause emotional and psychological distress, such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder. These effects can be long-lasting and impact your quality of life.
Hiring an Orlando Car Accident Attorney
If you are involved in a car crash in Orlando, it is essential to seek legal representation. A personal injury attorney or car accident lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Insurance companies may try to offer you a settlement that is less than what you are entitled to. A personal injury attorney or car accident lawyer can negotiate on your behalf to ensure that you receive fair compensation.
If you’ve been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, talk to an Orlando car accident attorney at the Martinez Manglardi personal injury law firm. Call 866-730-3508 for a free consultation. Convenient locations throughout Central Florida.