Orlando Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Martinez Manglardi PA reminds drivers and riders to avoid the common causes of motorcycle accidents. For several reasons, riding a motorcycle is riskier than driving a car. A car is significantly heavier and provides more protection than a motorcycle. Motorcycles are not as visible as cars and trucks, so drivers don’t always see them. What it comes down to is that someone riding a motorcycle is dependent, in large part, on other people’s safe driving habits.
The Florida motorcycle accident lawyers of Martinez Manglardi are ready to help those people whose lives have been affected by motorcycle accident injuries in Orlando, Orange County, Kissimmee, Osceola County, Apopka, Seminole County, Palm Bay, Brevard County, Ocala, and Haines City. Call us at 866-730-3508 for a free consultation.
Avoid Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Drivers of cars and trucks have a responsibility to watch out for motorcycles and be aware of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents. The top five causes are:
- Poor Visibility: Oncoming motorcyclists are simply not seen or detected by cars, like automobiles making left turns or in blind spot collisions that typically occur when overtaking or at intersections.
- Motorcycle Lane Splitting: Impatient bikers who speed between columns of traffic. Lane splitting gives bikers less room to maneuver, while car drives make moves with expected a motorcycle to be between lanes.
- Road Hazards: Debris, animals, potholes and oil slicks.
- Speeding: It’s true. Speed kills. The faster you go, the less time you have to react.
- Drugs & Alcohol: About a third of motorcycle accident fatalities involve riders who were intoxicated.
Common Types of Motorcycle Accident Injuries
The most common types of motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Road burns/road rash
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
Martinez Manglardi motorcycle accident attorneys urge bikers to be careful, wear helmets, and ride sober. Drivers must watch out for motorcycles. It’s also crucial for automobile drivers to stay attentive for bikes. When passing, coming up to an intersection, or making a turn, look twice. If you’ve suffered a motorcycle accident injury that wasn’t your fault, you need the best Orlando motorcycle injury attorneys you can find. Consider the Orlando personal injury lawyers at the Martinez Manglardi Law Firm. We have offices throughout Central Florida. Call us at 866-730-3508 for a free consultation.