Accident Injury Lawyer in Orlando Martinez Manglardi PA reminds motorists to be extra careful as area schools reopen. Safety advocates are especially focused on preventing pedestrian accidents and school transportation accidents at this time of year. According to the American School Bus Council, driving children to and from schools is the largest form of mass transit in the United States. About 55 million children in America return to schools every fall.
ClickOrlando.com reports that, across the country, 100 students are killed and nearly 25,000 are injured every year in school transportation-related accidents. As opposed to taking school buses, more than 7 million children walk or bike to school, so it is particularly important to pay attention to bicycle and pedestrian safety.
Here are some back to school safety reminders from ClickOrlando.com
- It’s against the law to pass a stopped school bus unless you are traveling in the opposite direction with a more than 5-foot median between you and the bus.
- Be aware of extra kids both walking and on bikes who tend to sometimes move in and out of traffic.
- Pay extra attention to lower speed limits in school zones.
- Watch for and obey signals from school crossing guards.
- Only drive and park in authorized areas to drop off or pick up children at school
- Pedestrians, make sure you use crosswalks.
- Keep your phones down. The new texting while driving law could cost you.
- Kids, wear your helmets while biking. Police could send children under 16 without a helmet home with a warning or ticket to the parent.
An Orlando Car Accident Injury Lawyer Knows How to Help Victims
Today Superintendent Jenkins held a back to school news conference with our law enforcement partners, including Orange County Sheriff John Mina, Apopka Chief Mike McKinley and the Orlando Police Department, to discuss keeping our students safe this year. https://t.co/r3l29Hiwwg
— Horizon West Middle School – OCPS (@HorizonWestOCPS) August 10, 2019
Orlando Car Accident Injury Lawyer Helps Victims Recover
Negligence and carelessness cause most car accidents, bicycle accidents, and pedestrian accidents. And the law provides a way for accident victims to recover losses like medical expenses and lost wages. Under our system of law, victims can file personal injury lawsuits to hold responsible parties to account. A good car accident injury lawyer knows how to make insurance companies fulfill their legal obligations. If you find yourself looking for the best personal injury lawyer in Orlando, consider the Orlando law firm Martinez Manglardi PA. We’ve been fighting for the rights of accident victims in Florida for more than 30 years. Call 407-846-2240 for a free consultation at one of our convenient Central Florida locations.