Every year, more than 2.5 million
Florida residents seek care at the state’s 300 hospitals. We depend on hospitals to provide the highest standard of care when we need it the most. Yet hospital errors are a leading cause of illness and injury
among our most vulnerable residents.
And when mistakes happen in a healthcare facility, the results can be tragic. Hospitals are complex facilities that treat hundreds or thousands of patients each day. It’s no surprise that medical malpractice insurance claims name those facilities the most frequently.
The hospital error attorneys at Martinez Manglardi have been representing the injured in Florida since 1988. Call 407-846-2240 for a free consultation throughout Florida, including Orlando
, Orange County
, Seminole County, Kissimmee
, Osceola County
, Palm Bay, Brevard County, Ocala and Polk County
. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients – and we’re ready to put our experience to work for you.
The Third Leading Cause of Preventable Death in America
More than 250,000 people die each year
from hospital errors. In fact, only heart disease and cancer claim more lives. Hospital errors can happen in virtually any procedure, but some of the most common include:
Often the overcrowded emergency room is a key site for hospital error when medical staff must make quick decisions to determine the urgency of each patient’s condition. Some of the more common ER mistakes include:
- Heart attacks symptoms mistaken for less serious conditions such as heartburn, causing heart attack victims to be released with a prescription for antacid medication instead of an accurate diagnosis. Often, heart attack victims may also languish in a crowded emergency room, when minutes can make a crucial difference.
- Misdiagnosis of symptoms because the patient doesn’t see a doctor. Insufficiently trained medical staff may not be equipped to distinguish between common ailments and potentially fatal conditions.
- Failure to order necessary tests or read results. When under busy and stressful circumstances, an ER doctor may neglect to run tests that would be considered routine.
- Insufficient staff. When there aren’t enough nurses to monitor vital signs or respond to patients, or when there aren’t enough doctors to treat all urgent patients in a timely manner, injuries or illnesses can worsen quickly.
- Improper procedures. Hospitals have very specific processes in place for handling medications, installing safety equipment and maintaining hygiene standards. In practice, overworked staff can miss important steps.
The Hospital Error Attorneys at Martinez Manglardi
Our Medical Malpractice lawyers can help you with:
At Martinez Manglardi, our Florida hospital error attorneys are on your side, and we can help you make informed decisions about your doctor negligence
A team of professionals — including expert doctors and nurses — work with our hospital error attorneys. Moreover, we offer free consultations in your home, at the hospital or in our offices. We serve clients throughout Florida. Contact us today at one of our convenient Florida locations in Orlando, Kissimmee, Apopka, Palm Bay or Ocala. We charge no fees or costs unless we win.
Call 407-846-2240 for a free consultation.