Central Florida Doctor Negligence Lawyers
Patients across Florida put their trust in doctors to make informed and accurate decisions about their healthcare. Unfortunately, in some cases that trust is misplaced. According to many experts, doctors misdiagnose up to 20% of fatal illnesses. When doctors make mistakes in judgment that compromise a patient’s treatment options, quality of care, or long-term health outlook, the results are often devastating.
The Orlando doctor negligence attorneys at Martinez, Manglardi, & have been representing the injured in Central Florida since 1988, including Orlando, Orange County, Seminole County, Volusia County, Polk County, Kissimmee, Apopka, Osceola County, Palm Bay, Brevard County and Ocala. We understand how serious the problem of doctor negligence has become. The doctor negligence lawyers at our offices have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlement for our clients – and we’re ready to put our experience to work for you.
Some of our healthcare negligence results in Florida include:
- A $1 million verdict and recovery after the ureter of a 79-year-old woman was ruptured.
- A $2.3 million medical malpractice recovery for a patient’s brain injury.
- A $1 million recovery for a delayed breast cancer diagnosis.
- A $7.5 million recovery in a cerebral palsy case.
- A $1.35 million recovery for transmission of HIV.
One of the greatest challenges to patients’ rights in Florida is the issue of doctor malpractice insurance. Florida has allowed doctors to practice without carrying malpractice insurance for decades – and even now, nearly one-eighth of all doctors in the state do not carry this important coverage. Among those that do, many choose a minimal amount, affecting how much compensation is available to victims injured by medical malpractice. The lack of tough insurance requirements means greater obstacles for injury victims seeking damages for very serious claims with long-term health bills. That’s why you need the experienced Central Florida medical malpractice attorneys of Attorneys Trial Group on your side.
While patients are always wise to pay close attention to their medical care, the fact is that doctor negligence can arise from any number of circumstances, including:
- Failure to order a diagnostic test
- Misinterpretation of test results (For more information, see Medical Misdiagnosis)
- Failure to create a follow-up plan with the patient
- Failure to take the patient’s full medical history
- Failure to conduct a physical exam
- Error in judgment
- Faulty memory or medical knowledge
- Handing over a patient to another doctor
- Surgical error
These errors can happen regardless of the patient’s medical condition, but some health issues are more prone to mistakes than others:
- Pregnancy / Childbirth (See Birth Injuries)
- Heart conditions / Heart surgery
- Intestinal surgical operations such as gastric bypass
- Cosmetic procedures
The results of doctor negligence can be serious medical complications, including:
If your health has been compromised because of doctor negligence, the medical provider responsible for the mistake should be held accountable and you may be entitled to financial compensation. At Martinez, Manglardi, & , our Florida medical malpractice lawyers are on your side, and we can help you make informed decisions about your doctor negligence claim. Our cases are handled by a team of professionals, including nurses, doctors, engineers and doctor negligence attorneys. We offer free consultations in your home, at the hospital or in our offices. There are no fees or costs unless we win. Contact us today at one of our convenient Central Florida locations in Orlando, Kissimmee, Apopka, Palm Bay and Ocala by calling 1-888-337-3246 or via our online contact form.