Injured by Doctor Negligence
A doctor has the duty to treat patients with care and diligence. His or her actions concerning your treatment must meet certain guidelines known as “the standard of care.” A healthcare provider who fails to meet the standard of care may be required to pay for damages caused by negligence.
Doctors generally act in good faith and do their best, and not all treatment-related injuries are caused by negligence. But if you’ve been hurt because a provider failed to live up to professional standards, you need the best legal advice you can get. That’s because doctors and hospitals — along with their insurance company lawyers — work very hard to make sure that injured patients don’t get justice.
Insurance company lawyers don’t want you to know your rights. They don’t don’t want you to be able to navigate the complex legal system.
And they don’t want to go up against the award-winning doctor negligence attorneys at Martinez Manglardi. We’ve have been fighting for Florida’s injured victims for nearly 30 years. We work for people in Orlando, Apopka, Orange County, Seminole County, Volusia County, Polk County, Kissimmee, Osceola County, Palm Bay, Brevard County and Ocala. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients – and we’re ready to put our experience to work for you. For a free consultation, call 1-888-337-3246.
Some of our healthcare negligence results in Florida include:
- A $1 million verdict and recovery after the ureter of a 79-year-old woman was ruptured.
- A $2.3 million medical malpractice recovery for a patient’s brain injury.
- A $1 million recovery for a delayed breast cancer diagnosis.
- A $7.5 million recovery in a cerebral palsy case.
- A $1.35 million recovery for transmission of HIV.
What You Should Know About Doctor Negligence
- While patients are always wise to pay close attention to their medical care, the fact is that doctor negligence can arise from any number of circumstances, including:
- Failure to order a diagnostic test
- Misinterpretation of test results (For more information, see Medical Misdiagnosis)
- Failure to create a follow-up plan with the patient
- Neglecting to take the patient’s full medical history
- Failure to conduct a physical exam
- Error in judgment faulty memory or medical knowledge
- Handing over a patient to another doctor
- Surgical error
These errors can happen regardless of the patient’s medical condition, but some health issues are more prone to mistakes than others:
- Pregnancy / Childbirth (See Birth Injuries)
- Heart conditions / Heart surgery
- Intestinal surgical operations such as gastric bypass
- Cosmetic procedures
The results of doctor negligence can be serious medical complications, including:
If your health has been compromised because of doctor negligence, the medical provider responsible for the mistake should be held accountable and you may be entitled to financial compensation. At Martinez Manglardi, our Florida medical malpractice lawyers are on your side. We can help you make informed decisions about your doctor negligence claim. In fact, a team of professionals, including nurses, doctors, engineers and doctor negligence attorneys work on our cases. Additionally, we offer free consultations in your home, at the hospital or in our offices. There are no fees or costs unless we win. Contact us today at one of our convenient Florida locations in Orlando, Kissimmee, Apopka, Palm Bay or Ocala by calling 1-888-337-3246. We serve clients throughout Florida.
Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers Can Help You With:
Call 1-888-337-3246 for a free consultation.